- About SCEC
- Learn & Prepare
Home / Education Resources
SCEC's K-14 Earthquake Education Initiative seeks to educate and prepare California students for living in earthquake country. This includes improved standards-based earth science education as well as broadened preparedness training. SCEC facilitates learning experiences and materials for use with real earthquakes and Great ShakeOut drills, and develops learning materials that complement traditional standards-based instruction with regional and current earthquake information. Teacher workshops introduce these resources to educators at all levels, and include follow-up activities over the long-term to help implement the content.
- NASA InSight "Vital Signs of the Planet" Professional Development Program
- Quake Catcher Network
- Plate Tectonics PuzzleMap
- Wallace Creek Interpretive Trail
- ShakeOut Curricular Resources
- Investigating Earthquakes through Regional Seismicity Education Module
- Exploring the Use of Space Technology in Earthquake Studies Education Module
- Additional resources and activity descriptions coming soon.